Marin Catch-A-Ride offers eligible riders up to eight discounted taxi rides per month.
Catch-A-Ride is a program of Marin Transit’s Marin Access family of transportation services and is funded by Marin’s voter approved vehicle registration fee, Measure B. Riders enrolled in Catch-A-Ride have the ability to schedule transportation quickly with reduced wait times.
To be eligible for Catch-A-Ride you must be a Marin resident and meet one of the following criteria:
- Age 80 and older
- Age 60-79 and no longer driving
- If under 60, be eligible for ADA paratransit
Call our Travel Navigators at 415-454-0902 to start the application process today.
To request a ride, call the scheduling number provided in your welcome packet between 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. seven days a week.
- Be prepared to give your full name, your origin, your destination, and the time you'd like to be picked up. Let the reservationist know how many people will be traveling with you (up to a maximum of four total passengers) and if you will need a return trip.
- All rides are dependent on local taxi availability. A scheduler will confirm your request with the taxi company.
- We recommend a minimum of three hours notice for the best chance of taxi availability.
- If you have to cancel or change your ride, we request that you call and notify the Catch-A-Ride schedulers at least one hour before your ride. Trips that you do not cancel will still count as one of your rides for the month.
When a rider calls for their ride, they will be given an exact, mileage-based price for their discounted ride. This feature gives riders the peace of mind of knowing exactly what the trip will cost ahead of time.
Catch-A-Ride will pay up to $14 of the cost of a taxi ride within Marin. For riders who qualify as low-income, Catch-A-Ride pays up to $18 of the cost. Depending on the destination, the discount may cover the full price of short distance rides. If the discount does not cover the full cost of the ride, riders will pay the taxi driver the balance at the start of their ride.